Thank you for your interest in applying to enrol your child at Orelia Primary School. Parents seeking to enrol their child need to complete an Application for Enrolment form.
When completing the Application for Enrolment you will also be required to provide evidence that you reside within the local intake area for Orelia Primary School.
Proof of Residence
To assist the school to determine the student’s eligibility under local intake, the following documentation needs to be attached to the application for admission:
- Proof of ownership of the property where the student will reside. This will be the latest rates notice from the local council or proof of purchase for a recent purchase, or
- Where the family is in a rental agreement, a copy of the rental agreement (minimum 12 months)
as well as
- Recent Synergy account – connection or account
Applicants are also required to provide a minimum of 2 further pieces of evidence to confirm their residential address. These may include:
- Gas – connection or account
- Telephone accounts
- Contents Insurance
- Any other official documents that may support the application as proof of residence
Applications cannot be considered until such time as documented evidence is provided to the school.
You will also be required to provide the student’s original Birth Certificate, student’s last school report and Immunisation History Statement that is no more than two months old at the time of submitting your child’s enrolment form. Parents can access an AIR Immunisation History Statement by:
- Phoning the Australian Immunisation Register enquiries line on 1800 653 809
- Visiting Medicare Online through the MyGov website
- Using the Express Plus Medicare app
- Visiting your local Department of Human Services Centre
Please note to enrol in kindergarten, a child must have one of the following documents:
- an Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement, no more than two months old with a status of ‘up to date’
- an AIR Immunisation History Form, no more than six months old, if the child is on a catch up schedule
- a valid immunisation certificate issued or declared by the Chief Health Officer.
Further information on obtaining current Immunisation evidence can be found on the Department of Health website.
Any Family Court Orders or parenting plans registered with the Family Court should also be made available at the time of enrolment.
It is essential that all of the information on these forms is accurate and current. All medical information needs to be correct at time of enrolment to enable the school to create an emergency response plan, if required.
Students born overseas must hold either; an Australian passport, citizenship papers or appropriate visa before applying to the school. Students who do not hold an Australian passport during the application process must present their Visa Grant Notice and passport at the time of enrolment.
Cancellation of Enrolment
Parents are reminded that under the Education Act 1999, Division 2.20 the Principal may cancel the enrolment if the enrolment was obtained by giving false or misleading information.
Please ensure all contact details are correct. It is vital that in an emergency, we are able to reach parents immediately. Should parents be unavailable, the next emergency contact supplied will be called. Therefore, it is important that this contact information is kept updated.
Completed applications can be hand delivered to Reception at:
Orelia Primary School
Orelia WA 6167
All the required documentation is listed on the Enrolment Application Form.
Photocopying of supporting documents can be provided at time of lodgement.
Commencement Year Table
The table below outlines the year commencement date for students by date of birth.
School Voluntary Contributions and Charges 2021
We endeavour to create a dynamic engaging learning environment for every student. After meeting with our School Board we have set the Voluntary Contributions at $40.00 per student. To view additional information please view our Voluntary Contributions 2021 document.