We are a member of the Your Move Schools program.
Your Move encourages students and their families to get active by walking, scooting and riding to school. Making a small behavioural change a few times a week can result in huge benefits for your child and the community, including:
- Reduced congestion, travel times and parking problems around schools;
- Improved safety for everyone at drop-off and pick-up times;
- Reduced carbon dioxide emissions around the school;
- Lifelong improved health and emotional well-being due to instilling positive exercise habits at a young age;
- Improved concentration and academic performance;
- More sustainable and cost-effective transport outcomes, such as reducing the need for investment in parking that may only be utilised for a short period each day, and reduced road infrastructure maintenance costs.
We earn Your Move points by posting stories and photos of our active transport adventures on the website; these can translate into grants to fund active transport facilities and activities for the school and other rewards. We conducted our first Hands-Up survey in Week 2 and below are the results.